Are you ready to Keto?
Keto is a way of eating that eliminates sugars, grains, starchy vegetables, fast foods and vegetable oils. You can eat healthy fats/oils, meat, fish, veggies, eggs and unsweetened dairy.
This way of eating is ideal for type 2 diabetics, pre diabetics and those with larger waistlines. The ideal belly measurement for a woman is 35 inches or less. Anything bigger than that you run a higher risk of diabetes, heart disease and hypertension just to name a few. On this woe you will drop some initial lbs fairly quickly plus you can have things like bacon AND the occasional alcoholic beverage. No sugar added to those drinks tho. Don’t be fooled, this woe is very strict! Say bye to potatoes, bread, rice, oatmeal and even most fruits. As a matter of fact, only fruits you can have are berries and that’s in really small portions.
- Weight loss of FAT(not muscle) a lot in stomach area YAY!
- Increased energy.
- Decreased appetite.
- Improved blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar.
- Increase memory, clarity and less migraines.
- Decreased inflammation which helps acne A LOT!
- Improved sleep
- Improved muscle mass
- Keto flu- symptoms like fatigue, fever, body aches,headaches, crapiness( no worries it's just your body adjusting from being a sugar burner to a fat burner.) With proper hydration and electrolytes you can skip this all together
- Keto breath/ keto funk- some people experience unpleasant body odors when in ketosis. This will typically happen if you're loading up on animal fats and meat only and not getting enough veggies, vitamins and minerals.
- Frequent urination
- Dizziness & Drowsiness (first few days as your body goes through carb and sugar withdrawal)
- Constipation- can be avoided with adequate fiber intake.
- Muscle cramps- can be avoided with electrolytes.
Are you ready? Take the challenge!